Event Date: May 4, 2020
Organized by: Super Happy Fun America
- Members of various ReOpen facebook groups
- Bikers for Trump
- Three Percenters
White Supremacists/Fascists Present:
- Super Happy Fun America emerged from the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown with this rally, framing the lockdown as infringing on the rights of US Americans and calling for an end to the lockdown.
- Photos reveal numerous Neo-Nazis bearing Nazi tattoos, III%er logos, Confederate flags, the straight pride flag, racist Native mascots, and more.
- Over 500 people turned out to this action.
- This action solidified in Massachusetts the national trend of white supremacists, alt-right types, and neo-fascists opposing pandemic response measures, actively using these rallies to promote the idea that “weaker” people should die.
- “Far Right Group Behind Boston’s ‘Straight Pride’ Also Organized ‘Reopen’ Protest”, William Rivers Pitt, Truthout, May 5, 2020
- “Photos: Large crowd of protesters gathers in front of Mass. State House demanding reopening of economy,” Arianna MacNeill, Boston.com, May 4, 2020
- “‘Closed Down for a Flu?’: Protesters Call for End to Coronavirus Shutdown in Mass.,” Brian Burnell, NBC Boston, May 4, 2020
- “Protesters demand ‘End the shut down now’ outside Massachusetts State House,” Erin Tiernan, Boston Herald, May 4, 2020
- “Protesters Gather Outside State House, Call For Non-Essential Businesses To Open,” Tiffany Chan, CBS 4, May 4, 2020
- “PHOTOS: Hundreds Protest At State House To Call For Mass. To Reopen Amid Pandemic,” Jesse Costa, Meghan B. Kelly, WBUR, May 5, 2020